Have you ever wondered if those men really exist? You know the ones I'm talking about. The men who open door for ladies, call us miss and ma'ma, who turn there eyes when the Victoria secret commercials come on, who look into our eyes rather than our bodies, those who lead with strong hearts that are running towards God. I have wondered if the kind of man I'm waiting to marry really does exist, and I'm sure men have thought the same about us women.
I'm here today to tell you that they do exist. How do I know? I've met them. Now, I know many men, but only a handful are like those I described above. I want to tell you about some of the instances where these men have just astounded me.
It was a hot mid-summer afternoon, and I skimmed my hand over the blue water of the pool. It was smooth and fresh, twisting through my fingers. I was amazed that my older cousin Jared could still throw me up in the air, and that my other cousin Jacob still though screaming under water was fun. They started swimming ahead of me in what I thought to be as a sort of tag game. I was worn out when we came to a far corner, breathing heavy,
"Can we just stay here for a moment?" I asked as a group of bikini clad ladies came to our corner to dip their toes in.
"Not anymore," Jared said, and he started swimming away. I whined and asked why, but he just gave me a look, and it all clicked.
"Ooh, right," I said. We had been swimming around to find a spot where they could swim and not mentally stumble on what the girls at the pool were wearing.
Change the scene. The crowd started to whisper as the movie theater lights started to dim, and the first few commercials started to play. I looked over at my friend, Ben, excitedly. It was time to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier! He smiled, but then the snippet of sex scene in ever PG-13 commercial started to play. When I looked over to see Ben's reaction, he had his head buried in his knees. I told him when one commercial was over so he could come out of his turtle shell,
"You shouldn't be watching that junk either," He said, and my heart was convicted. So, we both spent the commercial time with eye averted, chatting while commercials played.
These experiences and others have astounded me. I realized that after each experience that this shouldn't be rare, and I shouldn't be so shocked. My shock indicated that I had lost faith that these mighty men really do exist.
I'm here to tell you that they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment