Crystal water ripples from the whispers of the wind , and leaves kiss its surface. One strains to find the heart of it all, peering into
the water, but it cannot and will not be found. Time passes and the water
calms, getting comfortable with the penetrating stare of an onlooker. That’s when the mud comes forth, bubbling and
frothing. Stench rises up into his nose, but he plunges in anyway. Rocks scratch at his feet. What is
this?
Honesty.
It's a scary thing, really. When people see past your persona,
when the water calms, they can see the muck and stones that are logged in
that secret place. When we are honest, people will see the grit and grime we
all try to hide.
I often wonder why humans try to
hide their wickedness, problems, and sin. We all sin, and we all have troubles,
so why do we go around pretending like we don't? Often times I do it without
noticing it, like it’s a part of me that’s programmed in. I call that program
human nature, but it leaves me feeling alone. Wanting to be known but then fearing the outcome of honesty, and why is
honesty any better? Because after the out pouring of ones heart to a friend,
you can be sure you’re known, really known, by someone, and by pouring out
honestly to God I receive cleanliness, righteousness, and love.
And it might be
funny, but this is my reason for writing all this down and putting it out to
others. I want to be honest and share with people what I think, what
I believe, and how I feel.
Here marks my journey of honesty.
I can relate to some of this. I need help right now becoming more honest and godly. I'm reading my Bible, but sometimes I get too busy and forget! What do I do? Because I can't tell my boss I was late for reading my Bible...they might blow me off! And I'm not always reading my Bible. When I have some free time I play my guitar or hang out with my friends. Plus, I like this guy right now and he likes me. At first it was really hard holding in my feelings for him but I talked to my mom and she helped me. It's just hard being a teenager trying to do the right thing ya know?
ReplyDeleteLove it Brooke!
ReplyDelete